Warts

One of my favorite quotes is: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.” After a string of terrible exchanges with my family, I am beginning to wonder if I am the asshole.
My husband got on my case over something minor, which normally I would have barely arched an eyebrow over, but today I exploded in an f-bomb-laced tirade. Maybe because he also got on my case about something minor last night as well. Death by a thousand cuts. Spending time apart lets those cuts heal: talking to other people and enjoying experiences out of the house are like salves. By the time I encounter my husband again, I have forgotten the slight; but this constant togetherness is a constant reminder and every slight is an indelible tally-mark.
People talk about the potential Corona-Baby-Boom, but I am wondering if there will also be a Corona-Divorce-Boom. Does seeing someone so up close for so long, warts and all, lead to only seeing warts?
Hours after my invective, we were acting like everything is fine. We got Dunkin Donuts drive-thru and went to Sherwood Island for a few minutes. Sherwood Island is where my husband proposed to me, on bended knee and everything. Sitting there again together, I remembered it’s not all warts. I hope he did too.

Comments

  1. That asshole quote is so true.

    I think the wart seeing comes and goes, just like anxiety during this time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

More about dinner

Less Anxious