Camping


We spent two days camping at Lake Waramaug.
Off the grid: No cell service. No internet. No news. No worries.

We walked in the woods. We played cards and croquet. We watched a baby deer watch us. Some of us canoed while some of us lounged on towels by the lake’s edge, listening to the waves lap at the grass. We ate well: snacks all day, s’mores all night. We talked and laughed by the campfire. We saw the lightning bugs glow through the tent. We slept to the drumming of the rain. We woke up with the birds.

I felt like I was transported to a world that made sense. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Comments

  1. Most days, day after day, I'm fine. A variety of things to do, a phone chat with a friend, good food in the fridge. Then a day where it's tough to find a good reason to crawl out of bed.
    So glad you got away from it all for a few days, it sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

More about dinner

Mother-in-law